- HopStop - enter your beginning and destination addresses, and it will calculate how to make the trip by bus, subway or a bus/subway combination.
- Manhattan Address Locator - how to find the cross streets if you have a street address
- New York Subway map
- How to Ride the Subway
- New York Subway Finder - "subway directions to any Manhattan street in seconds"
- handy page at CitiDex that includes driving directions and parking info, and all the ground transportation options such as city bus, taxi, train, and shuttle
- NYC Garages - get rates, from Benjamin Sann
- Taxi and Car Services in NYC - from CitiDex
- Big Onion Walking Tours
- Tours of New York City - from NewYorksBest.com
- Gray Line
- Circle Line
- Central Park Bike Tours
- Walking Tour of Central Park
Some Affordable Places to Stay
- New York magazine's "Best Hotels Under $150"
- Hotel Beacon, 2130 Broadway, at 75th Street, 212-787-1100, toll-free reservations: 1-800-572-4969. A friend from Denver with 2 children did a lot of research and stayed here, saying this is her top pick for a NYC hotel.
B&Bs, Sublets and Extended Stay
Hostels (that's hostels, with two "s"'s as in "students")
|"Subwayland: Adventures in the World Beneath New York" by Randy Kennedy Highly Recommended|