Not Too Far From NYC Archives
Sunday walk in the woods
... on the Appalachian Trail ...
The Appalachian Trail
Peter hiking along the Appalachian Trail ... high above the ridge-line looking south-west ... only 35 miles from Manhattan via the Palisades Parkway ... Saturday, October 22, 2005
To get on the Palisades Interstate Parkway (Nj 445), cross the George Washington Bridge, upper deck. The exit ramp is on the NJ side of the bridge, in Fort Lee Boro, NJ ...
Appalachian Trail and East Coast Greenway
- Overview Map of Area Served by the NY-NJ Trail Conference
- Palisades Interstate Parkway - from nycroads
- Pictures of the Palisades Interstate Parkway (PIP)
- "An Appalachian Trail Through The Heart Of NYC," by Dave Lutz, Gotham Gazette, June 9, 2003
- East Coast Greenway
- Appalachian Trail Database - NY
- "Make Tracks for the Appalachian Trail," by Bill Burnham, MetroSports NY