Capitol Hill Workshop, 3-day course in Washington, DC, from TheCapitol.Net
Congressional decision-making is driven by politics, policy and process. In this engaging workshop, Washington-based experts discuss these 3 P's and help you understand the complete policy-making process.
You’ll get a solid understanding of:
- Congressional operations and the legislative process
- How public and foreign policy become law
- Congressional politics and leadership
- Congressional budgeting today
- The role of OMB in the legislative process
- Effective communication with Congress
- How the media covers the Hill
- Current campaign and election trends
- How members of Congress advance their legislative, public policy and political agendas
- How personal and committee staff work
- How you can build win/win relationships with staffers
Attend a congressional hearing and see the process in action.
June 9-11, 2010, 8:30 am - 4 pm all three days.
Where: In Washington, DC
For more information, including agenda and secure online registration, see CapitolHillWorkshop.com
Feb. 16, 2006 - Song's Inn World Premiere or Sarah Bernhardt?
This Thursday night is tough for me because there are so many conflicting events ... I have to decide which to attend for the time-slot!
- Screening at MOMA, February 16, 2006, 8.30 pm ... "Song's Inn" (2004, China) 52 minutes, US premier.
Directed by Yang Yun. China’s Three Gorges Dam, one of the largest dam projects in history, is scheduled to be completed by 2009. In the meantime, many villages will be flooded to accommodate its construction. This documentary reveals the effects of the dam on townspeople living in a soon-to-be-destroyed Chinese village.
11 West 53rd Street, between Fifth and Sixth Avenues, 212-708-9400
- Free lecture, first-come-first-seating, door opens at 6.30pm ... "Sarah Bernhardt: The Art of High Drama" at the La Maison Francaise of NYU, Thursday, Feb. 16, 2006 ... 7:00 pm, Prof. Kenneth Silver and Prof. Carol Ockman. A conversation with the guest curators of the Jewish Museum exhibition devoted to the great French actress (1844 – 1923). 16 Washington Mews, 212-998-8750
- or one of the Free Concerts at Manhattan School of Music ...
decision, decisions ...