Willis Loughhead at Country
Had a very fine evening last week enjoying a press/blogger dinner sponsored by Arm & Hammer at Country ... the recently renovated Carlton Hotel is very luxurious and comfortable in the Neo-Classical style.
Cocktails and dinner were served on the second floor over-looking the lobby. It was a sight to behold with the lovely chandeliers and Roman style mosaic-tiled floors. The executive chef, Willis Loughhead, presented us with a wonderful series of his creations, running from cod cheeks to pig ears. Wonderful service and lovely French wine.
Learned much about Arm & Hammer and their baking soda ... The next morning, I brought out my silver-plated soup ladle and polished with baking soda - what a brilliant shine! For many more uses of baking soda, see Peter Ciullo's "Baking Soda Bonanza."
Lauren Steinhorn and her crew from Edelman were magnificent ... it was a great pleasure to meet everyone.
- "So Fresh, So Clean," Food Rush, July 18, 2008
- "Country Steak to open this September," Strong Buzz, June 30, 2008
- "Country Steak Planned for Country’s Upstairs," NY Mag, June 30, 2008
- "Country and the Café at Country, under Chef Willis Loughhead," eGullett
- "Country," New York Journal, May 12, 2008
- "Willis Loughhead Brings Nose-to-Tail Fare to Country," gothamist, May 11, 2008
- Willis Loughhead - Chef DB
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Post a comment
Thanks for signing in, . Now you can comment. (sign out)(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)